The Five Arts

A detailed review of current and past arts accompanied by a five-star scoring system.

5.27.2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull


Okay, we should just be honest. This film was majorly cheesy. It reeked of cheesiness. But that's the fun of Indiana Jones, is it not? Hm. I think for this film there was a little bit that was just a little too over-the-top Hollywood film-making. Mutt finding a snake for Indiana to grab onto in order to be rescued from the sinking sand? Mutt flying through the air on vines with monkeys? Come on, now. But, if you're a die-hard Indy fan you can't help but get goosebumps when you hear that theme music playing. Of course not. And myself, not even being a huge Indiana Jones fan, got goosebumps and clapped excitedly when I heard the theme song. You gotta love it.
Side note: I greatly respect Shia LaBeouf as an actor, he can do no wrong in my eyes. So, my rating is biased.

Rating:

No comments:

Google