The Five Arts

A detailed review of current and past arts accompanied by a five-star scoring system.

4.23.2009

Yes Man



When I first heard Jim Carrey had a new movie out called Yes Man where he has to say yes to everything, I thought, "Doesn't he already have a movie like that out called Liar, Liar?". Thankfully, it was different enough from the 1997 film Liar, Liar to not be a complete waste of time.
Okay, so Yes Man may sound similar to Liar, Liar as Jim Carrey is the main character in both and can't say "no" when asked a question. But, it's also not the overly hyper 1997 Jim Carrey that we are seeing in Yes Man. Rather, it is a more developed and mature Carrey who still has that bit of charm we all love.
The little treat embedded in this mediocre film is the love interest played by Zooey Deschanel. As a huge fan of hers, I was anticipating a song from her. I was not disappointed. Though the song Deschanel sings, as lead singer in a wacky indie band, is a little out there, her voice is so captivating and pure. I'm sorry to say that it was the highlight of the film. Jim Carrey was lucky to have been saved by such a talented co-star as Zooey Deschanel, otherwise the film would not even be worth watching.
Rating:

1 comment:

free movies online said...

Thank you!! I thought I was the only one who thought of Liar Liar when this movie came out! None of my friends knew what I was talking about.

Google